Re: Oracle 9i DS: problems with connection

From: Harri Kaukovuo <harri.kaukovuo4_at_nic.fi>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 21:20:25 +0200

Check your tnsnames.ora under 9iDS Oracle Home/network/admin. Make sure these files are in sync with Oracle9.2 tnsnames.ora. Other possibility is to put environment variable TNS_ADMIN on system level so that the tnsnames.ora is always read from that location.

  • Harri

"Nicholas Lessard" <bougon666_at_hotmail.com> wrote in news:laZU9.18451$PM4.2386705_at_charlie.risq.qc.ca:

> Hi
> I installed Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1) on my PC and then I installed
> Oracle9iDS Release 2 v9.0.2 on the same PC. During Ds installation, I
> noticed that i can't install this package in the same Oracle Home as
> where the database is so I created a new Oracle home for Devlopper
> Suite.
>
> The problem: I can't connect to my oracle 9 database. This is the same
> with all devloppement tools in Devlopper Suite when I try to connect
> to my database. I always recieve one of these error messages:
>
> when I put nothing in the "Database" text field:
> - ORA-12560: TNS: Protocol Adapter error
>
> When I type "localhost" in this field:
> -ORA-12541: TNS: no listener
>
> When I type the name of my machine on the network:
> ORA-12535: TNS:Operation timed out
>
> I worked with previous versions of these utilities before with Oracle
> 7 and I was able to install ALL in the same Oracle Home (Database and
> devloppement tools) and I never had to worry about connection; all
> worked just fine.
>
> I'm on Windows 2000 advanced server and all Oracle services seems to
> be functionning properly. I can connect to my database using SQL Plus
> without any problems but I can't with any tools of Devlopper Suite.
>
> What is wrong? How can I solve this problem?
>
> Nico
>
> P.S. Sorry if my english is not good, this isn't my native language...

Anti-spam: To reply by e-mail please ERASE the "4" after kaukovuo4