Oracle 9i DS: problems with connection

From: Nicholas Lessard <bougon666_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:03:45 GMT

Hi
[Quoted] I installed Oracle9i Release 2 (9.2.0.1) on my PC and then I installed Oracle9iDS Release 2 v9.0.2 on the same PC. During Ds installation, I noticed that i can't install this package in the same Oracle Home as where the database is so I created a new Oracle home for Devlopper Suite.

The problem: I can't connect to my oracle 9 database. This is the same with all devloppement tools in Devlopper Suite when I try to connect to my database. I always recieve one of these error messages:

when I put nothing in the "Database" text field:
- ORA-12560: TNS: Protocol Adapter error

When I type "localhost" in this field:
-ORA-12541: TNS: no listener

When I type the name of my machine on the network: ORA-12535: TNS:Operation timed out

I worked with previous versions of these utilities before with Oracle 7 and I was able to install ALL in the same Oracle Home (Database and devloppement tools) and I never had to worry about connection; all worked just fine.

I'm on Windows 2000 advanced server and all Oracle services seems to be functionning properly. I can connect to my database using SQL Plus without any problems but I can't with any tools of Devlopper Suite.

What is wrong? How can I solve this problem?

Nico

P.S. Sorry if my english is not good, this isn't my native language... Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 20:03:45 CET

Original text of this message