Re: text_io

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:56:44 +0300

> Let me also ask, for curiosity, why is there a huge set of server packages that
> come with the server, but why does the huge set of client packages not come
> with the client.

Well, as I see it, because these are two different technologies: server-side PL/SQL and client-side PL/SQL. Oracle client software shipped with the server is only used to develop and run applications that connect to the server and run all stuff there. Developer is a different beast - it has its own PL/SQL engine and its own set of packages.

--
Vladimir Zakharychev (bob_at_dpsp-yes.com)                http://www.dpsp-yes.com