Re: text_io

From: Robert V. Baron <rvb_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: 14 Jan 2003 09:33:12 -0500

[Quoted] DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:

> "Robert V. Baron" wrote:
>
> > I want to use the text_io package in some client plsql. I just want
> > text_io; I do not want procedure builder or developer or ... Is there
> > anyway for me to get the client-side packages and/or just text_io. I
> > am currently running the 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 clients. Also, do I have to
> > install text_io on every client that will run my plsql or is it part
> > of some standard run time library.
>
> If I understand you correctly ... you want to grab a built-in package out
> of a product without the product the answer is no. And were you to succeed
> I would expect you would be violating your license agreement with Oracle.

Let me clarify. I DO have developer 2000. When I started the installer on my 8.1.7 client. It said it would have to install to a new ORACLE HOME. I did not have it actually do an install. Nonetheless it fragged my 8.1.7 client and I had to reinstall it. So all I'm looking for is this one package.

[Quoted] Let me also ask, for curiosity, why is there a huge set of server packages that come with the server, but why does the huge set of client packages not come with the client.