ORA-12645 Error Help...

From: CodeToad <MayhemZero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:17:05 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am getting that error, ORA-12645, and reference to a parameter file error [Quoted] everytime I try to connect to a database at work via the Microsoft ODBC driver.

So, I tried to do the connection via Win2k command shell, using sqlplus and got the exact same error. I am using copied TNSNAMES.ORA SQLNET.ORA files from a central file server (IFILE pointers), and I can tnsping
the database servers, and other people on the network can connect using the [Quoted] same .ORA files and SQL*Net installation.

Our DBA checked metalink, and the only reference it had to this error was if [Quoted] we were using some security parameters which we are not using.

I even update the workstation to MDAC 2.7 and that made no difference, and I suspected it not since I got the error in sqlplus also.

I cannot think of any other ideas to get this working, any suggestions?

Desparate for some help. Received on Tue Jan 14 2003 - 15:17:05 CET

Original text of this message