Discoverer 4i Plus - Password Policy Management

From: Richard Smith <richard.smith25_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:20:43 GMT

We have Discoverer 4i Plus deployed in our company, and recently decided to implement the password policy feature in our 8.1.7.3 database so that user passwords expire after a period of time with a short grace period.

Unfortunately, Discoverer 4i does not support password management within the applet. In fact, when the login receives the ORA-28002 warning upon connection, Discoverer simply ignores the warning and connects the user. When the ORA-28001 error is raised once the password has expired, the user is simply presented the error message that the password must be changed.

What web-based solution to manage password expirations for Discoverer users have been used?

Richard Smith
Data Warehouse Administrator
r_h_smith2_at_yahoo.com Received on Sun Jan 12 2003 - 21:20:43 CET

Original text of this message