Re: How to Replicate from SQL Server 2000 to Oracle 9i

From: Ashok Rautela <arautela_at_openlinksw.co.uk>
Date: 10 Jan 2003 06:51:53 -0800

Hi Piter,

Yes, you are right about the OpenLink Multi-tier ODBC driver not supporting Oracle 9i but you can download the Multi-tier driver for Oracle 8i and you should be able to connect to your Oracle 9i database using this driver. Certainly, I have done this successfully.

Another option is that if you have the Oracle 9i client for Windows installed on the SQL Server machine then you can evaluate the OpenLink Single-tier (Lite) ODBC driver for Oracle 9i which are available and connect to your database.

I hope this helps,

Ashok Rautela