winvnc & oracle

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nospam.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 23:22:42 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Anyone using VNC to remotely administer an oracle server? I use it because [Quoted] [Quoted] it is about the only thing that will work to do patch installs, etc. from my workstation. We have compaq insight monitor which is ok, but extremly slow and clunky.

Our network/windows server admin is concerned because he says winvnc is spiking the cpu's on the server to >98% at times and he keeps getting alarms about it, now he wants to remove it while I'm arguing that they are so infrequent it is not affecting that database(s) on the server so leave it on.

Anyone else run in to issues with VNC server? As far as I know its about the only thing other than pcanywhere that works ok with oracle.

TIA Received on Fri Jan 10 2003 - 00:22:42 CET

Original text of this message