pl/sql function help

From: sdm <s_at_nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:27:31 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm new to SQL and brand new to PL/SQL. I probably would not have ventured [Quoted] into PL/SQL except that in a report I'm writing I discovered that I will need to write a PL/SQL function that will retrieve items and return them as a comma-separated values list. I've been searching the Oracle books online and I have a copy of Oracle Press' PL/SQL 101 but I can't find a good example of how to do this. I'd like to see not just the syntax of how to write, but also see a real-world example.

A 2nd problem with this is that, in the comma separated list, I want to see POs (purchase orders) for certain SKUs but only when the SKUs have a certain sort code. This info is in 2 different tables and no examples I've seen show how to query from more than one table.

Can someone help me or at least point me towards a reference that is going to help me learn what I need to learn? Thanks! Received on Thu Jan 09 2003 - 17:27:31 CET

Original text of this message