Re: SQL PLUS Double-At (_at_@) fails

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:31:00 GMT

If you don't want to hardcode paths, you can presumably pass them as arguments or store them in environment variables. Normally I try to use relative paths, so that once the root path is known, everything else can be easily derived and you can also relocate stuff very easily.

Coming to your specific question, this is an excerpt of Sql Plus User's Guide and Reference (8.1.7):

When you enter _at__at_file_name.ext from within a command file, SQL*Plus runs file_name.ext from the same directory as the command file. When you enter _at__at_file_name.ext interactively, SQL*Plus runs file_name.ext from the current working directory. If SQL*Plus does not find such a file, SQL*Plus searches a system-dependent path to find the file. Some operating systems may not support the path search. See the Oracle installation and user's manual(s) provided for your operating system for specific information related to your operating system environment

Bye,
Flavio