Re: Generating nested XML with CURSORs and "maximum open cursors" error

From: Mark Meytin <mark_at_meytin.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 19:35:10 -0500

Sybrand, thanks for your reply. Another interesting observation. I'm having problems with Oracle XDK running against Oracle 8.1.6. On another server I have Oracle 9.0.1 and even after setting the maximum number of open cursors to the same value (100 in both cases) 9.0.1 still works OK. Is it possible that 8.1.6 handles embedded cursors not as efficiently as 9.0.1?

-M-