Re: Question

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 6 Jan 2003 08:49:29 -0800

"Pier Gaetano Novara" <pgaetanoNoSpam_at_csc.com> wrote in message news:<av6n2u$gpc$1_at_lore.csc.com>...
> I have this statement:
> DELETE FROM
> TMP_TABLE_MERGE
> WHERE EXISTS
> (SELECT 1 FROM
> TMP_TABLE_1 T1
> WHERE
> TMP_TABLE_MERGE.OBJECT_ID = T1.OBJECT_ID)
>
> In both the table TMP_TABLE_MERGE and TMP_TABLE_1 the field OBJECT_ID is the
> primary key but in the Explain Plan the table TMP_TABLE_MERGE is acessed in
> full scan mode.
> Do someone knows how can I force the use of the primary keys?

You've got advices that you needed. I will just add one my advice:

'Question' is definitely not a good name for article on USENET conference.

With regards

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.