JDeveloper - still not communicatign with SQL Server

From: Ravichandran Mahalingam <mravichandran_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Jan 2003 12:20:51 -0800

[Quoted] In little words, I have to concur with Wang Wei as mentioned in the mail below.

The Jdeveloper assumes that the user in the SQL Server should always use the default database associated with the user. Jdeveloper did not let me choose the databases I am entitled to access and update.

So I had to change the default database associated with my user id to pull up the tables in the northwind tables. the tables loaded fine, but did not let me use in the application.

Wang et al found this problem in Apr 2002 and till now Oracle has not fixed it. I am afraid to think that it is not microsoft;s problem because, microsoft would have released a bunch of service packs for any problem identified.

thanks for your time.

regards
Ravi.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=c1b90bbc.0204290212.4592c954%40posting.google.com&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3D%252Bjdeveloper%2B%252BSQL%2BServer%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Dc1b90bbc.0204290212.4592c954%2540posting.google.com%26rnum%3D1

From: wang wei (wang999wei_at_hotmail.com) Subject: Re: Connecting to SQL Server 2000 in JDeveloper

View this article only
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer,
microsoft.public.sqlserver.jdbcdriver
Date: 2002-04-29 03:12:59 PST

Hi Folks,

   I try to summarize what I'd like to say.

  1. Programatically, in my small code exercises and outside JDeveloper, I also succeeded in connecting to SQL server and making some small queries. In fact, in JDeveloper, the connection seems succeeded, too. We can also make queries in the JDeveloper tool SQL Worksheet.
  2. Using the JDBC-ODBC bridge, by some magic, I see the tables now appear in the System-Navigator window. However, when I try to create a business component, I get an error message: oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboException: Entity creation failed, no primary key attributes and does not support ROWID.
  3. In both cases of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC and DataDirect Connect JDBC 3.0 driver, when I log in as the user sa, I can see the tables. With a usual user login, I don't see my tables. In the first case, when I try to create a business component, I get the same error message as mentioned in 2).

   Conclusion: It still doesn't work.

   Wang