Re: getting portal installed

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 08:36:10 +0100

On Sat, 04 Jan 2003 20:50:51 +0000, dcawvive wrote:

> Windows 2000 SP3
> 9.2 No patches
> 9iAS 1.0.2.2.2 installed as EE
>
> database klb listening on 1521
>
> Using the configuration tool I cannot get past the second screen where it
> ask for the sys password and the connection information which I input as
> servername:1521:klb. It can't seem to make the connection giving me a error
> message that the password may not be correct or the connection description
> is erroneous. I checked metalink and this version of 9iAS is supported on
> 9.2 , set the init parameters open_cursors to 300 processes to 250 and the
> shared pool to 48 MB. I can ping the extproc_connection_data. I have the
> installation guide, two manuals and even the oracle classroom manuals (I
> even read them before I started) but I must be missing a step or a setting
> somewhere. I have even tried logging in to sqlplus connecting as "/" and
> re-granting sysdba to sys. Can anyone offer a suggestion on what I should
> try next besides colorful language? I would greatly appreciate it

[Quoted] Are you aware that you have to install iAS twice to get it all on board? First you need to installe the instance that holds the ldap and the repository, then you install the ias instance. They need to be in separate ORACLE_HOMEs.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Sun Jan 05 2003 - 08:36:10 CET

Original text of this message