Re: Simple? SQL Question

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:50:15 -0000

"Steven C. Kondolf" <skondolf_at_garbage.rochester.rr.com> wrote in message news:3ga61vk2qe9ghsonib5berui6tlolnldgo_at_4ax.com...
> Thanks for the reply but I'm still getting a
> ORA-00907 missing right parenthesis at line 6.

You'll get that error where Oracle doesn't like the inline view definition, from memory it is the order by that isn't supported in 8.0 but do check. One answer would be to upgrade to a supported version <g>. Otherwise I'd suggest the best thing to do is to create a conventional view.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA