Item Attribute question regarding Workflow for Oracle Applications, SSHR item type

From: Ryan Stefani <rjstefani_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2002 12:44:17 -0800

I'm trying to resolve the element [preferably] or grade step from the wf_item_attribute_values table. The client has a requirement to get approvals from different groups/managers based on the element. I can't for the life of me figure out how to correlate this data.

I've noticed that a real transaction (ie: hits the per_all_assignments_f) table after the workflow is approved, but the data is store somewhere else until the final approval. I've dug and searched, everything short of logging a tar, on Metalink, searched through Google Groups, Usenet, etc., all to no avail. I spoke with a couple of functional consultants, and they didn't know of anybody ever doing this sort of thing before.

So, any ideas on where to look would be greatly appreciated. I've dug through ETRM's and database tables looking and looking for some sort of relation to another piece of data with no luck.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan Stefani
rjstefani(at)hotpop.com

Workflow Specifics:
- Item Type: HRSSA

  • Process: Compensation Distribution
  • Item Name: COMP_CHOICE_ID in the WF_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE_VALUES table

Environment Details:
- WorkFlow Builder v2.6

  • SSHR version 3.4
  • running on Applications 11.5.5
  • database and application tiers running on Compaq Tru64, v5.1 (I think)
  • and Oracle database 8.1.7.