oo4o and server-side cursors using C++ ?

From: Larry Leonard <Spam_at_DefinitiveSolutions.com>
Date: 30 Dec 2002 08:48:29 -0800

I have a huge MFC/C++ application with about 1000 SQL statements embedded in it. Mostly it uses oo4o (there's also some legacy ODBC/CRecordset stuff I'm trying to replace). The database itself is thousands of miles away over a T1 line that's shared by dozens of users. So, yeah, performance is a problem, and I'm thinking server-side cursors might be the solution.

I'm not a DBA, but I know Oracle *fairly* well, I guess. I've never used oo4o before (most ADO nowadays). oo4o seems nice, but there's not much sample code anywhere for C++ that I can find, and documentation is pretty thin.

My questions are (a) oo4o supports server-side cursors, right?, (b) does anyone have any example code of how to do them in C++?

Also, if anyone can recommend a good book on oo4o, I'd apprectiate it.  TIA. Received on Mon Dec 30 2002 - 17:48:29 CET

Original text of this message