Re: Databases

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:49:29 -0000

"sasi_mannava" <member_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:2285980.1040038797_at_dbforums.com...

> Hi,
> Pl.give me a detailed answer for my follwing doubts.
>
> 1) What are all the fundamental differences between Oracle and
> SQL Server?

Oracle and Microsoft marketing departments will give you arguments both ways. Tom Kyte's book expert one on one Oracle gives a good idea of the conceptual and practical differences.

> 2)what are all the Best Practices in Oracle and Sql Server

It depends. Best practice for a 20 partner legal firm will be a wee bit different from best practice for amazon.com

http://technet.oracle.com
http://tahiti.oracle.com (especially the concepts manual)
http://www.microsoft.com/sql

--