using 9i Enterprise Management Console with 8i

From: Rogbaker <Rogbaker_at_gdi.net>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 10:38:56 -0800

[Quoted] Where I work, we are using Oracle 8i for development and production. We just recently purchased 9i, but currently haven't yet upgraded our databases to it. I installed it on one machine just to start getting familiar with it. I have been using the new 9i Enterprise Management Console to monitor acivity on our 8i databases as I did with 8i's DBA studio. So far, I haven't used the Enterprise Management Console to make any changes to the 8i databases because I am not sure of the compatibility. Can anyone elighten me please? I did a quick look on Metalink and I am searching through my 9i documentation, but so far have found no info.

Thanks,
Roger Received on Tue Dec 10 2002 - 19:38:56 CET

Original text of this message