Re: Cannot create db-link between different platform, help!

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:25:35 -0600

The message is telling you that the database you want to connect to has a different global name then the name of the link you created... when GLOBAL_NAMES=TRUE in the init<sid>.ora file any database link connecting to it must be named the same as the database..The error message should have given you that name....( where you have the second 'string' in your posting) hth,