Re: Oracle Advanced Replication

From: harpreet <harpreetsingh1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2002 16:42:04 -0800

Thanks for the information , the set up of replication that I am trying to set up has data flowing in one direction only , from the 9i master to 8.0.6 and not from 8.0.6 back to 9i . In such a scenarios there should be no conflicts . The reason we want asynch replication is that as soon as a change is made to the 9i master its propogated to 8.0.6 .
What is 8.0.6 not supported on ? (Replication is not backward compatible ?) Or is it just a version issue where 9i and 8.0.6 are to far apart ? Would appreciate the answer .