Re: need help in PL/SQL trigger

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 22:56:55 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] On Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:28:46 +0000, shtng <member_at_dbforums.com> wrote:

>I am a newbie in SQl. I need lots of help. =)

That's why Oracle provides manuals.

>I am trying to create a trigger, when INSERT is done to add a new
>customer in CUSTOMER table, the trigger is suppose to fire and display
>messages to the user to enter more information.
>How do I display a message to the user such as "Enter Insurance info"
>and accept the input that will be entered in a table?

You simply can't do that. Triggers fire in the database and have no interaction with the client. You need to develop a client program to allow for user input.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 22:56:55 CET

Original text of this message