(unknown charset) Re: creating text items as runtime in forms 6.0

From: (unknown charset) NinjaToy <LCIYQBBEQVFA_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:08:01 +0000

[Quoted] a spreadsheet format only presents a problem to forms when both x and y dimensions vary.
[Quoted] if you took variable sized data into a form from a spreadsheet format the argument would still be the same. why use a non basetable block when you could use views or procedures to base the block on? [Quoted] If either of these two techniques are used, forms will process all the changes through its transactional triggers.

in addition we are drifting from the original question posed by the poster DJae. his problem does not dictate the use of a non-basetable block and IMHO should not be attempted using a non-basetable block.

[Quoted] on the surface, the structure and coding behind your spreadsheet form may well work (but not the way nature intended it).

ps -   : )

--
Suzuki SV650S - plop.  Gone.
Kwak ZX-6R J2 - hear the roar