automatic schema comparison

From: Betty Zhang <bei711_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Dec 2002 21:36:06 -0800

Hi,

[Quoted] There are hundreds of almost identical schemas in a DB, I want to write a script to check the objects(tables, triggers, packages...)differences between those schemas and the standard schema, and save the differences in a text file.

Currently, I have 2 ideas to do it.
1. spool object source codes into text files, then diff them.

   get package,function..etc info by using spool file:    "select text from user_source where type='package'"....    but I didn't find table definition, I have to use dba_tables and dba_tab_cloumns to compare schema tables.

I am not satisfied with above 1.

2. making use of Toad. There is a 'schema differences' in 'view' menu.

   But I don't know how to call it from command line.

Who has good idea? Could you tell me?
Thanks for your nice instructions!

Betty Zhang Received on Tue Dec 03 2002 - 06:36:06 CET

Original text of this message