OTT 9 problem

From: soso <soso_howru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:56:55 GMT

Hi,

I met a strange problem when I tried to run OTT, in Oracle 9i. Even without any command line input, it keeps report problems.

1)From the beginning, it reports "ORACLE_HOME: not defined". Then I defined
"ORACLE_HOME = c:\oracle" in system environment setting.

2)After that, run OTT without other parameters, it reports error again, showing following message:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
sqlj/framework/error/ErrorLog at oracle.ott.c.CMain.main(CMain.java:9)"

I've also tried this on 3 different machines with WIN2K & oracle 9i (different package installation). Seems all are in the same case. Thereafter, I removed 9i client from my machine and reinstall it again. In the installing process, it notifies me that ORACLE_HOME doesn't need to be set, and it will clear it, since none of Oracle's products will use that (funny??). After the reinstallation, things are the same.

BTW, OTT8 works fine. But I am using OCCI & C++, :-(

I don't know whether someone else has even met the same problem. Settings of my machine are:

Win2K
SP3
VS.NET
VS 6

Can someone give me a hand with this? Thanks in advance.

soso Received on Mon Dec 02 2002 - 22:56:55 CET

Original text of this message