Re: Is Oracle Forms worth sticking with anymore

From: Frank <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:43:23 +0100

rolospy wrote:
> Are Oracle trying to get people onto JDeveloper rather than Oracle Forms
> nowadays.
>
> Is there a roadmap for Forms anymore. There must be thousands of companies
> with applications written using Forms yet I get the impression that it's old
> hat and Java is what Oracle is pushing now.

Apart from all the good advice on Java and monitoring Apps (eBusiness Suite), Forms is gonna be around for several years to come. Only, the CLient Server model is dropped; the latest release already supports Web forms only. Oracle has not beem very clear on the policy regarding Forms and/or Java - they have apologised for that. (to me - talk to Oracle Netherlands!)

Grtz, Frank Received on Sat Nov 30 2002 - 20:43:23 CET

Original text of this message