Re: Is Oracle Forms worth sticking with anymore

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:20:56 +0100

[Quoted] On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:53:48 +0100, "Jan Gelbrich" <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de> wrote:

>and they follow the business rule
>
>"never change a running system"

Might be, but they will be soon faced with the problem that their sw is fully desupported and as they also likely didn't pay for EAS Oracle will leave them out in the cold and refuse to answer the phone, if something goes wrong.
Also, when they finally *must* upgrade, the technology gap is too big to perform migration and they might be forced to develop a new app. I have one customer running on 7.3.4, Forms 4.5 and Webserver 2.1 And guess what? This is a *vital* 7x 24 system which simply *can't collapse* as *all operations* of that firm will stop! Can't go into more details. As far as I am concerned this is just penny wise pound foolish.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 11:20:56 CET

Original text of this message