Re: Get oracle database to work over the LAN

From: Elias Asfaw-Kirby <elias_at_icpsr.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:51:19 -0500

This is not a complete answer but should help to focus on the problem more:

  • If I remember correctly PE oracle only supports 1 connection, so you're probably using that machine as a client (SqlPlus) + Make sure you have an entry in tnsnames.ora that points at your server
  • Your Oracle 9i is probably your server. (I haven't used this yet but concepts are probably the same) + Make sure you have a listener configured

Try to connect from PE to 9i using Sql+Plus and attack the problems from there.

Elias Asfaw-Kirby

--
---