[PLSQL] Passing some underfined parametes to stored proc. Maybe XML ?

From: Andrey Koubychev <email.ANTISPAM_at_vtc.ru>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:47:53 +0100

Hello guys,

I have the following sutiation:
I have to write a program that exports LDIF files to Oracle databases. In short, LDIF files are simple text files with records of value = pair. I need to parse it and update corresponding record in tables. For example, when I parse couple record in LDIF file I could get something like:

Type = User
ID = 2342
Name = John

Type = Equipment
Color = black

Now , I need to update corresponding data in database. I want to make my program is flexible as possible and not depend from table structure

I want to do the following :
For each type I will create stored proc. with name Set_Type which will accept own different paramters name and types.... But now , my program needs to know about parameters - it's quantity, names... And I want to avoid that. One of the ugly solutions would be that all stored procs have one parameter (string), my exe paste all parameters on one comma separated string and pass to stored proc. Stored proc parse it and update fields with new values. Deep inside I feel that I need to pass XML , but I'm not really familiar with XML capabilities of Oracle.

I would like to hear your advises about the methods I could use.

--
Best regards,
Andrey Koubychev