Re: Need help with Loader???

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 11:48:59 -0600

A far better way is to use the File..Export function in Access ( after setting up your Oracle ODBC DSN) - Modify the Access table so that all Table names are UPPER CASE and have no 'special' characters ( including spaces) in them, and change all field names to UPPER CASE ( and same restrictions on special chars- This will make working with the tables in Oracle much, much easier)...
Optionally, change any MEMO fields to text ones of less than 4000 chars to avoid using LONG data types in Oracle..

( Cut and Paste is too chancy..)