Re: Need help with Loader???

From: Elias Asfaw-Kirby <elias_at_icpsr.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:01:14 -0500

[Quoted] I'm not too familiar with sqlloader but the odbc is fairly simple. It goes something like this:

  • Control Panel | ODBC sources | + create an oracle odbc source to your oracle db
  • Access + Tables | Insert | Link Table | From the file menu choose file type "ODBC Source" + It should come up with a wizard fill it out + Do a Select All in your access table + Goto your link table and do a paste (If your data types are the same or are a greater capacity it will work, it basically does and insert statement for every row)

Elias Asfaw-Kirby
elias at icpsr dot umich - edu

--
---