help - can't start SQL PLUS

From: bob barker <b-barker_at_woh.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:48:41 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi - it took me three excruciating days JUST to install Oracle 9i on my [Quoted] [Quoted] Linux machine. Now the problem is...I can not start SQL PLUS as oracle [Quoted] user. Here is my environmental settings...would appreciate it if someone could help. -don't give me any links to any docs...because I probably went there already...thanks!
ORACLE_BASE=/home/oracle/oraInventory; export ORACLE_BASE
ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/9.0; export ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_SID=shitbox; export ORACLE_SID

PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$HOME/bin
export PATH
unset USERNAME Received on Mon Nov 25 2002 - 17:48:41 CET

Original text of this message