Re: how to create a smartclass in 9i forms

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:09:39 GMT

scotty wrote:

> Timbo wrote:
>
> >Well, since this is an oracle newgroup, I don't think anyone
> >is asking a VB programmer for anything. Are you on this group
> >to help, or just annoy? Never mind, I know the answer to that.
>
> I'm here to help:
> 1. Don't top-post it's for MS goons only.
> 2. Try looking up the concept of a thin client and middlewear.
> 3. Oracle; good reputation for databases - bad rep for forms.
> 4. See above, just because you have it, don't mean you have to use it.
>
> >To answer my own posted question so others may benefit,
> >in 9i to set a SmartClass, select the item from the object
> >library, then select "Edit" from the main menu bar. There
> >is a "SmartClass" option there. Select it and you are done.
>
> It's really good that you're tying your company into vendor specific
> apps, they'll really appreciate that one day; well whoever the guy who
> gets to attempt to integrate it into the latest fad will, he'll earn a
> fortune.
>
> >Evidently the online help for 9i has not been updated yet, as it
> >still references the method for forms 6.
>
> That's handy.

I agree with Scotty Troll on this one.

  1. We all know that insulting MS people will make Oracle people all warm and cuddly. Because they are too stupid to recognize insincere puffery.
  2. We all know that Oracle Forms is bloatware what with all those DLLs you have to install in UNIX environments to make it work.
  3. We all know what a horrible reputation Oracle Forms has among form builders world-wide. Heck you can hardly get it to run in a UNIX environment.
  4. Apparently this refers to civility and gray matter so being one of "them" rather than one of "us" should not be surprising.

Finally, you are absolutely correct about Forms being a single vendor product. That is why I like VB. I can but it from MICROSOFT, or Microsoft, or MicroSoft, or even MiCrOsOfT.

[Quoted] I'll be ignoring your postings from here on out Scotty. Beam yourself out because the only trolling that intetest me is down from a slow moving boat.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Nov 22 2002 - 22:09:39 CET

Original text of this message