JavaDoc for PL/SQL

From: Tim Cross <tcross_at_pobox.une.edu.au>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 08:30:00 +1100

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was just wondering if there is any tool out there which can work in a similar way to the javadoc program for PL/SQL.

I was thinking that a similar tool to javadoc which was able to go through the all_source/user_sources table and retrieve comments with certain tags to generate html documentation on functions/procedures/packages which you have written. The tool could be implemented as PL/SQL Server Pages or java servlets and provide web based documentation on the locally produced pl/sql code.

It seems this would not be a particularly hard thing to implement and could be a useful way of providing up-to-date documentation relating to locally written pl/sql. Rather than just rush off an try to implement it, I thought I'd first see if anyone has already done something similar and second get some feedback regarding what others thought of the idea.

Any comments?

Tim Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 22:30:00 CET

Original text of this message