Re: Get list of databases

From: D.Y. <dyou98_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 13:14:16 -0800

"Robert Vabo" <rvabo_at_msn.com> wrote in message news:<3ddb83a0_at_news.wineasy.se>...
> How can I use .NET to retrieve a list of all Oracle services on my network ?

It's difficult to reliably locate all the Oracle databases on your network, whether you uses LDAP, or Oracle Names, or TNS, or Hostname, etc. because Oracle databases don't have to publish themselves, and they don't use a standard address. But if you make an effort to always register new instances with LDAP/ONAMES or update the tnsnames.ora file, you can make things a lot easier. Received on Thu Nov 21 2002 - 22:14:16 CET

Original text of this message