Re: o8i OEM Console restart in Red Hat 7.3

From: <dev_at_null>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:43:04 +1100

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:40:56 +0100, "dmz17" <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:49:21 +1100, de wrote:
>

> > Hey,
> >
> > I have Oracle 8.1.7 running on Red Hat 7.3, the database is running, as is the
> > intelligent agent and the OMS. I can fire up the OEM Console into this using:
> >
> > oemapp console
> >
> > and everything is hunky dory.
> >
> > If I then close the console, I can't restart it unless I reboot. oemapp console
> > returns no error but doesn't open a new window. Incidentally, I can't start any
> > other OEM apps either.
> >
> > Any ideas? Log files I should be looking at?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Steve
>
> I'd look at the processes running and kill -9 the Java stuff.
> Some of the Java engines out there keep hanging around forever.
> Applets in Mozilla are notorious for forcing me to restart Mozilla after I
> play a nice game of Chess on Yahoo.
>
> Just 'caz Java is cool doesn't mean that IBM or Sun actually have good
> programmers :-(
>
> Cheers,
>
> dmz17

Quite.

I've had a look at the jre processes. On first startup, the console spools a whole stack the beasties and they all go away on shutdown.

On subsequent startup, it starts 8 jre processes and one of them (2nd last) is a huge cpu hog. If I kill the last one, they all die.

Yet still the console login doesn't come up.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Steve