Re: Monitoring instances - SNMP?

From: Lou Donayre <ldonayre_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:35:54 GMT

Hello,

I like Karma ( http://www.iheavy.com/karma/test ). It's like 'Big Brother" for Oracle. It's a PERL script that creates and updates html pages that may be displayed by a web server (you don't need a web server to use it though).

I have tweaked the older (0.9.0) version to monitor for my custom events, perform automatic restarts of the databases and even failover. It has mail built in to send email or pages via email.

Regards,

-Lou