Re: workflow

From: Will Trash-Spam <mrscopeman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:14:20 -0000

[snip]

OK, this might not be the full answer but:

  1. In workflow there is an API to start a workflow, expedite a workflow step (move it on), suspend a workflow etc. So you can control a workflow from any external program (by external I mean external to workflow), this could be java, VB, triggers etc etc.
  2. You can from workflow have a function which calls a PL/SQL procedure to do something.
  3. You can alter the worklist code (its just PL/SQL and HTP proc calls) to go anywhere you want on an item click (in fact you can alter most of the workflow "presentation" coding, we do it all the time)

As you can see you can therefore do what you want, but you'll need to dig into the API, look at the worklist PL/SQL (to customise it) and stick your bits in the right places. As long as you can pass itemkeys between your interfaces (which should be easy) you can do what you want.

To be honest we make out money from doing this sort of work, you'll just need to sit down and understand how a worklist is displayed and how you can externally control a workflow via the workflow API and you'll be able to do what you want.

HTH Mark Stafford
Sciamus Limited
http://www.sciamus.com Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 12:14:20 CET

Original text of this message