unicode symbol in Java Stored Procedure

From: Shahzad Latif <shai_02_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 16:20:56 -0800

Hi:

I have created a Java Class and loaded in Oracle as "Java Stored Procedure".
All it does is it accepts a string and then creates a PDF document. With latest client requirements, they will be sending us the text along with Unicode strings, an example of which is: "This is ATT \u2122.", where "\u2122" is the unicode symbol for trademark sign. Unfortunately, the stored procedure is unable to identify such string and ends up with "This is ATT \u2122.". This method if called from OS JVM results in proper trademark symbol after ATT. I'd appreciate if you could suggest something to accomplish the task.

Thanks,

Shahzad Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 01:20:56 CET

Original text of this message