Re: Newbie

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:27:11 GMT

I might have misread the OP's original question. I thought tou was asking for the equivalent capability in an Oracle knowledgeable GUI tool. I have to admit, though, I'm not a power user of Golden ... hard to let go of those good old command-line days ... so I'm a poor one to ask about feature comparisons.

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> just curious. what does it offer over and above ms-query.
>
> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK
> Please include version and platform
> and SQL where applicable
> It makes life easier and increases the
> likelihood of a good answer
> "Karsten Farrell" <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message
>

>>tou wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I need to make changes to telephone #'s in a field and I don't know what
>>>tool I need to use...
>>>
>>>In Access or MS SQL I select column, go to Edit and I choose Replace
>>>Option.. As easy as that...
>>>
>>>In fact I need to erease all spaces, dots, etc.
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>For $35 per seat (less in quantity), check out Benthic Golden ... a GUI
>>ad-hoc query tool:
>>
>>http://www.benthicsoftware.com/products.html
>>
>>We use it where I work (I am not associated with them in any way). It
>>allows you to query rows and make changes to any of them in a
>>spreadsheet-like format.
>>
> Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 23:27:11 CET

Original text of this message