Re: Oracle Client Installation on W2000

From: Bob Redding <bobreddi_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:16:41 -0500

When you did the install, were you logged in as administrator on the local machine? If not, deinstall the Oracle client, log in as administrator of the local machine, not an NT domain, and reinstall the client.

If did use the local machine and administrator account, sounds like you have bumped up against a Windows 2000 registry security issue.

If that is the case, you can try fixing it with regedt32, which allows you to set security on each major HKEY folder so admins have full control and tell it to reset all subordinates keys the same.

If it comes back with an error that it could not reset one of the subordinates, you will have to do a full Windows 200 setup with the replace option.

Good luck.