Re: invoking SQLPLUS thru browser

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:11:50 GMT

Praveen wrote:

> Ooops...Sorry
>
> forgot to give the details :
> I am using oracle 8.1.7
>
> Praveen wrote:
> > Hi..All,
> >
> > Has anyone ever tried invoking the sqlplus from the browser, by
> > setting the Helper applications in the Netscape/preferences? Say in case
> > if I invoke,
> >
> > file:///home/xyz/abc.sql from the browser, it should automatically open
> > a sql session?
> >
> > Is it possible?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > PM/

You see everybody ... reminding people to provide version information does work. And in this case saved both of us the trouble of listening to stuff about iSQL*Plus as it is not available with 8i.

I've never seen SQL*Plus across a browser. But you can telnet to the server and start a SQL*Plus session there.

There are certainly some security risks involved so have your SysAdmin look at the SUDO package if on UNIX.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 21:11:50 CET

Original text of this message