Re: A better SQL*Plus -- what features should it have?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 17:12:33 -0800

"Guido Konsolke" <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com> wrote in message news:<1036743771.379454_at_news.thyssen.com>...
> "Niall Litchfield" wrote...
> >
> > Indeed, but if I 'forget' that extra character then I have false
> assurance.
> > If I mistype connect on the other hand I just curse and have another go. I
> > don't think that its that i'm over cautious, just that if there is any
> > possibility that the screen can say <development database> when I'm on the
> > <production database> then *at the worst possible moment* this has a
> > probability approaching 1 of happening :(.
>
> Ok, I give in 8-)
> But the feature that I really need would be an automatic
> misspelling correction. I can't count nor estimate how often
> I wrote FORM instead of FROM.

The ability to turn any feature off. In particular, I hate automobile ^H^H^H^H^Hatic spelunking^H^H^H^H^H^Hling colonoscopy^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hrection.

And yes, I want to be able to paste in very long multiple line statements.

jg

--
_at_home is bogus.
Yes, I alias gerp to grep, echoing a few gerps in the process.