Designer 6i migration on NT

From: Bob Redding <bobreddi_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:05:33 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a Designer repository 6.0.3 that I am about to migrate to Designer [Quoted] 6i, release 4.4. The documentation requires you to do the migration between [Quoted] servers and not on the same server. I have set this up, and am getting ready to create the new empty repository (application wise) before I migrate. Oracle recommends a slew of tablespaces for the new repository whereas the old repository only had three tablespaces, the primary, index [Quoted] and temporary tablespaces.

What the documentation doesn't tell me is how can I know what will be migrated to which tablespace?

The old repository is on an 8.1.6 server and the new server is 9.2.

Has anyone done such a migration? (Note that release 4.4 is significantly different than 4.3.) Received on Mon Nov 11 2002 - 19:05:33 CET

Original text of this message