Re: Newbie

From: Avi Abrami <aabrami_at_intersystemsww.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:22:23 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> tou wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to make changes to telephone #'s in a field and I don't know what
> > tool I need to use...
> >
> > In Access or MS SQL I select column, go to Edit and I choose Replace
> > Option.. As easy as that...
> >
> > In fact I need to erease all spaces, dots, etc.
> >
> > TIA
>
> You could use any one of 50 or so tools. But if you want to learn Oracle ...
> use SQL*Plus. Likely it is already installed on your machine.
>
> To find out how to use it to accomlish your goal ... find someone you work
> with to show you how.
>
> Daniel Morgan

If you want to learn Oracle's SQL dialect, use SQL*Plus. But I get the impression that you don't want to learn SQL, you just want to fix up your data. Unfortunately, I don't know of any tool that can do what you ask for -- which makes my answer about as useless to you as Daniel's (but at least mine doesn't have spelling mistakes [accomlish] :-)

Avi. Received on Sun Nov 10 2002 - 06:22:23 CET

Original text of this message