Re: Admin Tools for Linux

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2002 15:27:06 -0800

froliol_at_yahoo.com (Louis Frolio) wrote in message news:<94c28610.0210310733.554f8cac_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks for the input guys. My fears have been justified. There simply
> is no good gui tools for dba admin ported for Linux/Unix. I wonder
> why this is? All the big guys (Embarcadero,Quest, etc) I was
> thinking of writing my own in java, at least it would be portable.
> Well, thanks to all of you.
>
> Peace, Louis.

I haven't tried it but:

http://www.quest.com/bigbrother/unix.asp

I've used the previous big brother, which is simply a bunch of scripts which can just display anything you want to your browser. Wouldn't a script-based tool that you can modify to your own desires with a pretty display be better than a gui that you can't?

jg

--
_at_home is bogus.
Oh no! GUI/command line war won't die!