OIP-08201 when using OO4O and transactions on Windows XP

From: Klas Mellbourn <Klas_at_Mellbourn.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:36:25 +0100

Does OO4O with MTS transactions work on Windows XP?

We have developed an existing application that uses OO4O and MTS transactions on Windows 2000. It works ok. I am now trying to port this application to Windows XP. Ordinary database transactions work fine.
However, it seems that the application fails to open a connection to the database transaction coordinator.

Errorcode -21472098482
OIP-08201: Unable to make connection

My guess is that this occurs when a distributed transaction is attempted.

I have installed Personal Oracle (and Enterprise Edition) Release 3 (8.1.7) for Microsoft Windows NT/2000.
I have tried using these versions of OO4O (all of them fails in the same way)
8.1.7.3.11, 8.1.7.3.12 and 8.1.7.3.15

The operating system is a fully updated Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1.

Anyone recongize this? How do I fix it?

Thanks,
Klas Mellbourn Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 13:36:25 CET

Original text of this message