Re: How to generate an array with user parameter form?

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 18:12:21 GMT

Mark Burns wrote:

[Quoted] > Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3DC04303.796BC503_at_exesolutions.com>...
> > Mark Burns wrote:
> >
> > > I have a system where the user will select a (unknown #) of values for
> > > a specific field and then I want to base my report's select statement
> > > on the values the user has choosen (I assume that I would use lexical
> > > references.) But with the user parameter form I can only select a
> > > single value for each item. Is there any way to select multiple
> > > values?
> > >
> > > Another way I was going at this is through forms, but using the
> > > parameter_lists does not seem to be able to handle an array of values
> > > for a single parameter.
> > >
> > > any ideas??
> > >
> > > Mark Burns
> >
> > Two fields and use BETWEEN in the WHERE clause
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
>
> I didn't specify the problem in enough detail. The lists that the user
> selects from do not have sequential values. The user will be choosing
> from lists of models, so the between is meaningless in this context.
>
> Mark

If your original posting was lacking in clarity ... it didn't seem to be ... your clarification is so obscure I can't even pretend to understand what you are trying to do.

I would be happy to help you ... but your attempted clarification is undecipherable.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Nov 01 2002 - 19:12:21 CET

Original text of this message