Re: Oracle 8 and Developer Suite 9

From: Chris <nostromoora_at_snafu.de>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:03:29 +0200

hi dirk

Nope, Oracle9i iDS is certified to Oracle8i DB (look also at otn.oracle.com). Only small pieces of the 9i iDS like Clickstream Intelligence donīt work with oracle8i, because this a feature of oracle9i.

> Maybe I should better try a Developer Suite 8, or do I need at least another
> PC?

nope there is also the old developer suite available, but that is old stuff and not so cool. 9i IDS is the version for linux, because all tools like forms reports are 100% in Java.

Have fun with 9i iDS. Look also to the 9iAS for deploying things.

greetings christian