Re: Developer runtime

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:35:08 +0100

"André Clérmont" <clermand_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message [Quoted] news:jpcu9.40381$TD1.1758094_at_news2.tin.it...
> In client/server configuration I have to install the runtime on every
> client, but the original CD has no runtime only installation
> In additon, I have to do custom installation: for a lot of clients is too
> much time expensive!
> "Alan Mills" <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com> ha scritto nel
> messaggio news:apb9rk$14ef$1_at_news.icl.se...
> >
> > "André Clérmont" <clermand_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I need to install a number of client for Developer 6i.
> > > Someone can tell me where I can find only the runtime installation?
> > > Thanks
> > >

> > I didn't think there was any installation to do. Am I wrong? Isn't
that
> > the purpose of taday's thin clients? You'll have the necessity of
certain
> > cinfiguration (namely JInitiator) on the first use though.

[Quoted] I don;t envy you if you have to run C/S. I remember having to do that and visiting each PC about once a week for updates. :(

[Quoted] Given that you are obliged to run C/S. I thought the runtime engine for Developer was on the developer CD as an install option. When the list of installation options on the CD appears, open up the Forms options and runtime is listed as a sub-category isn't it? This is from memory. Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 16:35:08 CEST

Original text of this message